[kids-lib] A note of gratitude if you need it

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Wed Jun 15 08:44:43 PDT 2016

Thank you Bryce! Many LGBT+, Muslim, and Latino families are especially struggling with the shooting in Orlando and are concerned about their safety. A simple way you might consider showing that LGBT+, Muslim, and Latino children and families are welcome in your library is to create a display or do a storytime using LGBT+, Muslim, and Latino themed books. You might also find out about organizations in your community that provide resources and support to these populations in particular or to all types of families and get brochures to make available to your patrons.

Any other ideas? Specific book recommendations?

Thank you,
Katie

Katie Anderson, Youth Services Consultant
Library Support and Development Services<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/LD/pages/index.aspx>