[kids-lib] Headstart Bbiliographies

Mike Jansen Mike.Jansen at ci.woodburn.or.us
Mon May 9 11:33:16 PDT 2016

Apologies for cross-posting.

Hello

I am interested in creating a set of books that I can regularly deliver to my local Headstart program to supplement their literacy activities.  I have some ideas about the types of books I would like to deliver, but am very curious to collect information about similar types of services that others are offering.  Essentially, I'm looking for bibliographies as I want to build my own kits.  If you wanted to share what you think worked well and what didn't work well in this context, I'd be happy to hear from you as well.

Currently, we have been offering some books, but it has been a hodgepodge.  The programs have liked what I've done so far, but I'd like to formalize it.  Obviously, I plan on talking directly with the Headstart teachers as well about what might meet their needs, but just think the job would quicker and easier if I wasn't starting from scratch.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

-Mike

Mike Jansen
Youth Librarian
Woodburn Public Library
280 Garfield St.
Woodburn, OR 97071
503-980-2413
mike.jansen at ci.woodburn.or.us<mailto:mike.jansen at ci.woodburn.or.us>

PUBLIC RECORDS LAW DISCLOSURE This e-mail is a public record of the City of Woodburn and is subject to public disclosure unless exempt from disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law. This e-mail is subject to the State Retention Schedule.