[kids-lib] CSD Chair Candidate: Natasha Forrester Campbell

CSD Chair csd at olaweb.org
Tue May 10 09:40:14 PDT 2016

*​​Name:​ *Natasha Forrester Campbell​

*Libraries I've Worked At:​ *Multnomah County Library; Winfield Public
Library (Winfield, KS)​

*CSD Stuff I've Done:* Organized Mock-Caldecott Workshop 2007;
presented/co-presented workshops at OLA on Teen Volunteers and Nature-based
Programming (I don't remember the years, although I could probably track
them down with time); CSD Secretary 2015-now frequent contributor for the
CSD Facebook page.

*Other Cool Stuff I've Done:* ​Presented at PLA on Storytelling Programs;
current chair of the Early Literacy Action Team at MCL; past chair of the
Tapestry of Tales Storytelling Festival at MCL, storytime trainer; served
on the Oregon State Library Advisory Board's LSTA Advisory Council for 3
years; ECRR Certified Trainer of Trainers; 2014 Caldecott Committee; become
semi-famous in my neighborhood and friends group for my book-based
Halloween and cosplay costumes (inspired by Caldecott medal and honor books
and adult graphic novels).

*Why I'm Running: *I firmly believe that libraries have a role to play in
our state and our communities now and in the future, although that role
will look different than it might look now. I'm ​excited about helping
Oregon library staff seek out that future, and I feel that professional
service is a debt I pay in thanks for all the support I've gotten from OLA
members and library community members over my 10 year-career in Oregon.

*If I Were a Picture Book, I'd Be:* Something drawn by John Rocco, Oliver
Jeffers, Olivier Dunrea, or Dan Santat - maybe one of the other imaginary
creatures alongside Beekle!

--
Barratt Miller
CSD Chair 2015-16