[kids-lib] 2016 Mock Pura Belpré Award

Martín Blasco MartinB at wccls.org
Tue Nov 8 12:55:02 PST 2016

Hi Everyone:

The REFORMA Oregon Chapter’ Round Table (RORT) for the Oregon Library Association is launching, for the second time, a Mock Pura Belpré Award, on Saturday, December 10 from 10 to 4 @ Lebanon Public Library, 55 Academy Street, Lebanon, Or 97355. This is a great opportunity not only for librarians and paraprofessionals who are working with Latino and/or Spanish speaking children, but also for all children's librarians.
We are expecting that the event will be another important learning experience for all the attendees. The focus of the workshop will be on knowledge building by including titles which are open to deliberation regarding the Pura Belpré Awards criteria. This will helps us to raise awareness of the importance of more quality children’s literature written and/or illustrated by Latino authors.

Please, came prepare for the selection (if you can bring copies of the nominated books, it would help the discussion), and of course for a great presentation and networking.
Below you’ll find the Agenda, information about the morning presentation, the nominated authors and illustrators for the mock award, the book discussion guidelines and the mock award terms and criteria.
You don’t have to register for this event, however I will appreciate if you can let me know that you’re attending.
Thank you so much and I hope to see you then.

Martín Blasco
Outreach Librarian for Latino and Multicultural Services
Washington County Cooperative Library Services | 503-681-5093
martinb at wccls.org<mailto:martinb at wccls.org> | facebook.com/bibliotecaswccls<http://www.facebook.org/bibliotecaswccls>

“I believe that television is very educational. When somebody turns it on, I’m going to read a book.”
“Creo que la televisión es muy educativa. Cuando alguien la enciende me voy a leer un libro”.
Groucho Marx