[kids-lib] [Southern OR] PD Scholarship Opp: Very Simple App Due by Noon on 9/28

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Wed Sep 14 17:19:49 PDT 2016

Please pardon the cross-posting.

Hi,

If you work as support staff in a library in the Southern Oregon Library Federation (SOLF) region of Coos, Curry, Douglas, Jackson, Josephine, Klamath, and Lake Counties, you are eligible to apply for a $200 scholarship to attend a conference or another professional development event. The very simple application is due by noon on September 28th.

http://klamathlibrary.org/solf-2016-continuing-education-scholarships

I asked Christy Davis about this eligibility requirement: A current SOLF member must sign off on/endorse your application. This is her reply: "You just need to know someone in SOLF. And their endorsement would be of the nature of 'Yes, I would support your candidacy for attending a conference or workshop.' Very informal, and accomplished by signature on the application or quick one-sentence email to me." So, it's just a matter of asking. This map shows SOLF member libraries as of about 3 years ago; I doubt membership changes much, though I'm not positive.

http://solf.pbworks.com/w/page/67408530/Advocacy#SouthernOregonLibrariesDirectory

FYI, here's what is asked on the application:

Your Name:
Your Library Employer:
Library Mailing Address:
SOLF member who nominates/endorses you: