[kids-lib] OBOB (unofficial) questions for public libraries

Korie Jones Buerkle korie.buerkle at newbergoregon.gov
Tue Dec 12 17:34:21 PST 2017

The Newberg Public Library has written 10 sets of unofficial elementary battle questions and we are happy to share with public libraries.
They will be available online for everyone on 1/21/18, but for now, we'll share with libraries who want to do programming.
We ask that you do not distribute the questions online or on paper, but at the end of January you are welcome to link to our website.
Just let me know if you would like them and I'll email them out to you.

You might find these resources helpful:
Here's the official OBOB website: http://www.oregonbattleofthebooks.org/
Here's Newberg's page with some resources at the bottom: http://www.newbergoregon.gov/library/page/oregon-battle-books-obob

A great way to become an expert on OBOB is to volunteer at a Regional or State competition. Most of the dates are scheduled.
You can look up your Region here: http://www.oregonbattleofthebooks.org/obob-region-map-2/
And you can look up the scheduled date for the Regional here: http://www.oregonbattleofthebooks.org/obob-2016-2017-event-schedule/
Most Regionals have the emails of the Regional Managers listed so you can contact them.

The unofficial practice questions were prepared by Newberg Library's Children's staff:
Mary Lynn Thomas, Korie Buerkle, Amanda Lamb and Ruth Headley.

Korie Jones Buerkle
Children's Librarian | Assistant Library Director
Children's Desk: 503 537 0304 | Office: 503 554 7734
Newberg Public Library
(My pronouns are: she, her, hers)