[kids-lib] CSLP Organizational Coordinator Announcement

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Fri May 5 14:04:30 PDT 2017

Congratulations to Luke Kralik on your new job as the Organizational Coordinator of the Collaborative Summer Library Program! Luke has previously worked at Clatsop Community College, Tillamook County Library, Jackson County Library, and other Oregon libraries.-Katie

________________________________
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D2B79F.B8479DF0]

Contact: Sharon Rawlins 609.278.2640 ext. 116
srawlins at njstatelib.org<mailto:srawlins at njstatelib.org>

COLLABORATIVE SUMMER LIBRARY PROGRAM NAMES LUKE KRALIK AS ORGANIZATIONAL COORDINATOR

MASON CITY, IA - (APRIL 17, 2017) The Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP) announces Luke Kralik as its new Organizational Coordinator.

Kralik brings a wealth of leadership experience and an understanding of different library systems to the organization. His previous job was as the library director of the Clatsop Community College in Astoria, Oregon. He also served as the college librarian at the Tillamook Bay Community College, Tillamook, Oregon, as well as a reference librarian at the Tillamook County Library and at the Jackson County Library in Medford, Oregon. His experience as a school librarian at the Sacred Heart Elementary School in Medford, Oregon, gave him firsthand experience running a summer reading program.

Kralik will oversee all aspects of projects for CSLP, including contracts, strategic plans, online manual development, rules of use, membership support and the creation of an online storefront, among other things. This full-time position will begin June 1, 2017 but prior to that, Kralik will work with the CSLP Board of Directors, its multiple committee chairs and vendors on a part-time basis laying the foundation for the June transition.

"When I was notified I had been chosen for the position I literally jumped in the air! I was truly inspired by the passion and dedication the members demonstrated at the recent CSLP Annual Meeting," enthused Kralik. "It is an honor to have been selected as the CSLP's Organizational Coordinator. I cannot wait to begin working with all of the members!"

Founded in 1987, CSLP is a consortium of states working together to provide high-quality summer reading program materials for children, teens, and adults at the lowest cost possible for their public libraries. CSLP's 2017 summer reading theme, "Build a Better World," is available at public libraries across the country for all ages from children to adults.

"We're thrilled to have Luke join the CSLP team as our organizational coordinator," said Sharon Rawlins, President of CSLP. "We believe that Luke's experience working with many different committees in various library settings, paired with his enthusiasm and warm personality, is the perfect match for CSLP. His ability and willingness to work with the board and CSLP members, and his energy and evident passion for literacy and technology will enable us to reach new heights of success."

To learn more about CSLP, or how you can get involved with its summer reading program at your local public library visit www.cslpreads.org<http://www.cslpreads.org>.

###

About CSLP
The Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP) is a national non-profit organization composed of volunteers who create, produce, and provide public libraries with high-quality summer reading materials for children, teens, and adults across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, American Samoa, Bermuda, the Cayman Islands, Federated States of Micronesia and the Mariana Islands. To learn more about CSLP and its mission please visit www.cslpreads.org<http://www.cslpreads.org>.
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/cslpreads, Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cslpreads/childrens-2017-cslp-summer-reading-build-a-better-/ <https://www.pinterest.com/cslpreads/childrens-2017-cslp-summer-reading-build-a-better-/%20%20>  and Twitter: https://twitter.com/hashtag/cslpreads

Katie Anderson
Youth Services Consultant
katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us> | 503-378-2528 | www.oregon.gov/osl/ld<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/ld>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/orlibsupport> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ORLibSupport> | Tumblr<http://www.statelibraryor.tumblr.com/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>