[kids-lib] OYAN Mock Printz Workshop Details

Lisa Elliott lisae at tigard-or.gov
Wed Oct 18 17:32:45 PDT 2017

Hello all,

OK, so we know it's more than halfway through October and we still haven't sent out the Mock Printz list. Dude, it's hard to select these books! There are so many good ones this year. Anyway, the list of eight books is below. We hope you like them as much as we do.

First, some details about the Mock Printz Workshop.

When: Saturday, January 20 12-5:00 p.m.
Where: Beaverton City Library, 12375 SW 5th Street, Beaverton, OR 97005
What: A free workshop featuring a presentation from author Cat Winters followed by group discussion and voting on the best books of the year.

To register, email lisae at tigard-or.gov<mailto:lisae at tigard-or.gov> with name, library, and email addresses of all participants. Please specify age and school for teen registrants. Virtual participation will be available via GotoMeeting (details later).

And now, the books! This a selection of just eight of the most praised and beloved books of the year. Please read them before the workshop, and come prepared to defend your favorites. You will probably not love every book on this list, and that's what makes this discussion fun, because somebody else will and it will be ON!

*       American Street by Ibi Zoboi

*       Bull by David Elliott

*       A Face Like Glass by Frances Hardinge

*       The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas

*        History is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera

*       Library of Fates by Aditi Khorana

*       Midnight at the Electric by Jodi Lynn Anderson

*       Spinning by Tillie Walden

Lisa N Elliott
Young Adult Librarian
Tigard Public Library
503-718-2654
lisae at tigard-or.gov

DISCLAIMER: E-mails sent or received by City of Tigard employees are subject to public record laws. If requested, e-mail may be disclosed to another party unless exempt from disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law. E-mails are retained by the City of Tigard in compliance with the Oregon Administrative Rules "City General Records Retention Schedule."