[kids-lib] Title nominations for Oregon Battle of the Books - now open!

Korie Jones Buerkle korie.buerkle at newbergoregon.gov
Wed Sep 13 18:07:46 PDT 2017

(Please pardon the cross-posting)
Hello,
You have titles to recommend for the 2018-2019 Oregon Battle of the Books, right? Please see below for the recommendation link.

In my experience on the elementary committee we can use more recommendations for the following:
1. Books written by people of color or Native Americans about people of color or Native Americans.
2. Nonfiction (and here's the clincher) that a question writer could get 80 questions out of without it being horribly obvious which book it is.

These are the gaps I've seen from working on the committee, but you are welcome to recommend any great books you want.

Thanks, Korie

Korie Jones Buerkle
Children's Librarian | Assistant Library Director
Children's Desk: 503 537 0304 | Office: 503 554 7734
Newberg Public Library
(My pronouns are: she, her, hers)

The Oregon Battle of the Books (OBOB) 2018-19 Title Recommendation Online Form is now open and closes on November 1, 2017!

On the OBOB website, and click under “Titles”    http://www.oregonbattleofthebooks.org/

OR go to…..

2018-19 OBOB Title Recommendation Online Form
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScOjwZozFQqlFu46YLaysCmqPk0xA9vmAbfVj0XpIJ_fC8hSw/viewform?c=0&w=1

Recommend titles for 2018-19 OBOB
Recommendations are welcome from teachers, librarians and ALL other members of the reading community for the
  2018-2019 Oregon Battle of the Books list.

Suggestions from authors or publishers are not accepted.

These are suggestions for the Grades 3-5, 6-8 and 9-12 Divisions.

Please fill out as much information as is possible.

Limit of three titles per division, per person.

Submit titles by November 1, 2017.

Email questions to: Courtney Snyder- obobtitlechair at gmail.com