[kids-lib] Where to buy storytime books in Arabic, Chinese, and Vietnamese?

Katie Anderson katiea at wccls.org
Thu May 10 12:06:55 PDT 2018

I'm working on a project that involves creating storytime kits for linguistically and culturally specific storytimes in Arabic, Chinese (for both Mandarin and Cantonese speakers), and Vietnamese. I am looking for picture books in Arabic, Chinese, and Vietnamese that can be used in family storytimes. I am not looking for books originally written in English that have been translated into these language. Any recommendations?

Storytime props and materials will be  included in the storytime kits too. Please let me know if you have any recommended sources for flannel stories, puppets, music CDs, inexpensive musical instruments, etc. that would be culturally responsive of Arabic, Chinese, and Vietnamese-speaking communities.

Thanks,
Katie Anderson
Youth Services Librarian
katiea at wccls.org<mailto:katiea at wccls.org> |503-681-5098