[kids-lib] Drum-roll please...Mock Caldecott Results!

Taylor Worley taylorlgkw at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 17:03:28 PST 2019

*Please excuse cross-posting. *

We are very excited to announce the results of our Mock Caldecott Workshop
today! We named one Mock Medal and three Mock Honors. They are:

*Mock Medal: *
*Julián Is a Mermaid by Jessica Love*

*Mock Honors: *
*Drawn Together* by Minh Lê and Dan Santat
*Big Mooncake *for Little Star by Grace Lin
*Dreamers *by Yuyi Morales

We had a wonderful group of people in attendance today; thank you all for
coming!

A special thank you to Alec Chunn of Eugene Public Library, Kate Carter of
Multnomah County, and Susan Davis of Josephine County for being stellar
committee members, and to our prestigious panelists for this morning's
discussion: MaryKay Dahlgreen, Steven Engelfried, Martín Blasco, and
Heather McNeil.

Interested in getting involved with CSD? We're looking for new Mock
Workshops chair(s) and committee members! Contact CSD at csd at olaweb.org.

We can't wait to see what the ALA YMAs have in store for us this year.
We'll see how our Mock compares to this year's Caldecott!

Cheers,

*Taylor Worley                                                 *Youth
Services Librarian & CSD Mock Chair, 2018/19
Springfield Public Library
225 5th Street
Springfield, OR 97422
541.726.2243 (direct)
taylorlgkw at gmail.com
tworley at springfield-or.gov
*"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and
stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." -A. A. Milne*