[kids-lib] Highly Recommend Michael Moloi

Darcy Smith DarcySmith at ci.lebanon.or.us
Thu Jul 11 12:57:20 PDT 2019

Hi,

Today the Lebanon Public Library had the honor of hosting performer Tumelo Michael Moloi.  We booked him as part of our summer reading Thursday performers series.  I cannot say enough positive things about Michael.  He engaged the audience (182ppl all ages) for the entire show!  After the show people waited in line just to thank him for his performance.  We have hosted a lot of great performers throughout my ten years with the library, but this is the first time I felt compelled to share about a performance.  I, along with the rest of the team here at the Lebanon Public Library highly recommend Michael as a performer.

https://michaelmoloi.com/

BIOGRAPHY
Choreographer, Art Director, Performing Artist and Designer Tumelo Michael Moloi was born in 1981 in the notorious apartheid-era township of Katlehong, south-east of Johannesburg, South Africa. Michael displayed an amazing talent for sports, arts and dance at a very young age. He began his dance career at age 16 as a member of the highly acclaimed South African dance company Via Katlehong. Michael and the dance troupe performed a mix of the street dance forms known as pantsula (South African town dance) and gumboot (mine workers).
In 1998 Michael was appointed the leader of the successful dance troupe and toured all over South Africa and Europe (France, Germany, Belgium, Italy, Spain). Michael choreographed rhythmically intricate routines that incorporated the gumboot dances, which had their origins in the mines, and the traditional stamping, clapping dances known as ndlamu. Additionally, Michael Moloi designed the traditionally inspired costumes for the Via Katlehong dance shows.

[cid:43097762297721843763236]

Darcy Smith
Lebanon Public Library
Youth Services | Volunteer Coordinator
Tel: 541.258.4926
55 Academy St, Lebanon, OR 97355

darcysmith at ci.lebanon.or.us<mailto:darcysmith at ci.lebanon.or.us>
www.lebanonpubliclibrary.com<http://www.lebanonpubliclibrary.com/>

[Logo for email sig]

[cid:image002.png at 01D20F5E.F3373630]<https://www.facebook.com/CityOfLebanon>

Messages to and from this email may be subject to Oregon Public Records Disclosure and Retention Laws.