[kids-lib] Coronavirus Book & Time Capsule Pages

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Tue Apr 7 17:27:33 PDT 2020

Please pardon the cross-posting.

Hi Folks,

An artist named Natalie Long, of LONG Creations, created time capsule (or journal) pages to help children document their experiences during the coronavirus era. She shared the pages for free and indicated that anyone is welcome to share them as long as they do not profit from it. This is Natalie's Facebook post<https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2215460728600472&id=216735145139717> in which she shared the pages. Because of high traffic, some people have had trouble downloading the PDFs from the Dropbox and Google Drive<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MaM2RBrqyDeyKFCG8impDgfuZ8a2tIZ-/view> folders that Natalie set up. Now there is a website<https://letsembark.ca/time-capsule> with links to the PDFs.

Since April is National Poetry Month<https://poets.org/national-poetry-month>, maybe children could include as part of their journaling an original poem about how coronavirus has affected them.

Also, this afternoon I learned about Coronavirus: A Book for Children<https://nosycrow.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Coronavirus_INSwith-cover.pdf>. It was written by Elizabeth Jenner, Kate Wilson, and Nia Roberts and illustrated by Axel Scheffler. Graham Medley, Professor of Infectious Disease Modelling from the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine served as a consultant. Nosy Crow published the digital book under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. You are free to share the book as long as these license conditions<https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/> are met.

I suspect you know about the short coronavirus comic<https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/02/28/809580453/just-for-kids-a-comic-exploring-the-new-coronavirus> that is available in English, Spanish, and Chinese. I believe that it was created by Malaka Gharib based on what was learned from some NPR interviews.

Have a good rest of the day.

Thanks,
Jen

Jen Maurer, MLS
School Library Consultant
jennifer.maurer at state.or.us<mailto:jennifer.maurer at state.or.us> | 503-378-5011 | https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries
Follow us: Facebook<https://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus
[cid:image001.png at 01D348CF.6A72E0A0]