[kids-lib] Wednesday, April 22

Greta Bergquist greta.bergquist at state.or.us
Wed Apr 22 08:11:24 PDT 2020

Hello everyone,

Thanks so much for those folks who joined in yesterday for Summer Reading at Small & Rural Libraries - the ways you are using your imaginations to plan are amazing. You can view notes and the recording, as well as last week's Summer Reading recording, at the Youth Services page<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/c.php?g=1011618&p=7362153> of the Coronavirus State Library LibGuide.  There are epic sidewalk-chalk-obstacle-course pictures, and also great ideas for partnering to use here!

Today at noon,  Rodrigo Gaspar Barajas and Carly Garzon Vargas from Deschutes Public Library, as well as several others, will be sharing about serving Spanish speakers during COVID-19. My colleague Tamara Ottum is hosting. Please hop on<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus/meetups>!  Speaking of Spanish, wonderful kids' author Yuyi Morales made a little story<https://youtu.be/hYvSdT59qZQ> yesterday for kiddos to feel less alone and it's pretty sweet.

Take good care,

Greta

Greta Bergquist
Youth Services Consultant
503-378-2528 | www.oregon.gov/library<https://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/?hl=en> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[cid:image003.png at 01D6187D.CD4AFA70]