[kids-lib] Tracking Statistics for Virtual Programs

Engelfried, Steven engelfried at wilsonvillelibrary.org
Wed Aug 26 10:40:48 PDT 2020

To Kids-Lib & Libs-Or (apologies for cross-posting):

We're looking for a way to track statistics for the virtual programming we're now doing.   It's so hard to measure the true impact of our programming when it's online, but at this point we're feeling the need to identify some numbers we can consistently gather to establish some baselines and expectations.  It seems like we might be doing this virtual thing for a while....

Some of our programming is live, then archived.  And we put some in different places (YouTube and FaceBook mostly).  We can get numbers about "estimated reach," "engagement," etc., but we're not sure what those tell us about how we're doing at reaching people.

We're curious how other libraries are tracking statistics for virtual programming.  If you're doing this, or thinking of doing it, I'd love to hear about your approach.   Are there certain stats you track?  Do you look at numbers over time for archived events?   That sort of thing....If we get responses I will compile and share with the list.

Steven Engelfried
Library Services Manager

City of Wilsonville

503.570.1690
engelfried at wilsonvillelibrary.org<mailto:engelfried at wilsonvillelibrary.org>
www.wilsonvillelibrary.org<http://www.wilsonvillelibrary.org/>

Facebook.com/Wilsonville-Library<http://www.facebook.com/CityofWilsonville>

29799 SW Town Center Loop East, Wilsonville, OR 97070