[kids-lib] 2020 Youth Media Awards

Greta Bergquist greta.bergquist at state.or.us
Mon Jan 27 09:00:21 PST 2020

Hello library folks serving kids and teens,

Many of you know today is the day the youth media awards are announced at ALA Midwinter. We celebrate with all the authors & publishers who won awards for their work, and are grateful for their contributions to enriching our collections. We also celebrate with those authors and publisher who didn't win today, but have done and still will do the work to publish books so you can get them in the hands of your kids and teens who need good stories!

If you haven't had a chance to look at all of these titles yet, you're in for some good reads ahead - You can see the award list here: https://americanlibrariesmagazine.org/blogs/the-scoop/2020-youth-media-award-winners/

If anyone wants to give a shoutout to any of these, let us know what you enjoyed most about a particular work and let's celebrate kids and teen books this week!

Best,

Greta B

Greta Bergquist
Youth Services Consultant