[kids-lib] Racial Justice Challenge: Aug. 3 - 7

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Wed Jul 22 12:58:09 PDT 2020

Please pardon the cross-posting.

Hi Folks,

I learned about the Racial Justice Challenge (https://forms.gle/CgBpNeWKRhTjEjcZ7) from ALA Connect:

Greetings, everyone,
I hope this message finds you well.
Several colleagues and I have designed the Racial Justice Challenge, which will run the week of August 3rd. Anyone with an internet connection and an email address can join. In case you or someone you know is interested, here's the info:
The Racial Justice Challenge is around the corner and we hope you'll join us! Each day, for five days, you'll receive an email with several tasks designed to learn, listen, share, and take action regarding race, racism, and antiracism. We'll explore how to be antiracist (versus "not racist"), move beyond a single story, examine issues of race in the media, and design a personalized racial justice plan.
The Challenge will take place from August 3 - August 7, 2020. To join, sign up online<https://forms.gle/CgBpNeWKRhTjEjcZ7>.
We encourage everyone who's interested in the materials to sign up - even if you won't have time to complete the tasks during the Challenge week.
Please share this challenge<https://forms.gle/CgBpNeWKRhTjEjcZ7> with friends, colleagues, listservs, and others as you see fit. All are welcome to participate, wherever they may live!
Have questions? Contact Jen Bonnet, jenbonnet at maine.edu<mailto:jenbonnet at maine.edu>.
This program is sponsored by UMaine's Fogler Library and the Office for Diversity and Inclusion.
--Jen Bonnet

I reached out to Jen Bonnet to ask about the intended audience since the organizing group is an academic library. This is her reply:

Thanks for reaching out! This program is designed for anyone to participate and is not focused on academic libraries. We hope for a range of participation (in fact, we have some retirees, community members, K-12 teachers, school librarians, and even high school students signed up!). I hope you and others in your communities will join us.

FYI,
Jen

Jen Maurer, MLS
School Library Consultant
jennifer.maurer at state.or.us<mailto:jennifer.maurer at state.or.us> | 503-378-5011 | https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries
Follow us: Facebook<https://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[cid:image001.png at 01D348CF.6A72E0A0]