[kids-lib] Summer is coming! What is your library thinking about for teen summer reading?

Katie Anderson katiea at wccls.org
Wed Apr 14 12:40:49 PDT 2021

Hi!

I’m working on Oregon Young Adult Network blog<https://oyanpeeps.wordpress.com/> again.

What is your library thinking about doing for teen summer reading? Now is a good time to share while plans are starting to solidify, but still  flexible enough to incorporate good ideas from colleagues around the state!

I’m curious …

  *   Is your library doing reading logs or activity logs for teens or something else?
  *   Giveaway books, other prizes, and/or read for charity?
  *   Individual goals, teen group goals, or community-wide goals?
  *   Teen volunteers?
  *   Activity/program ideas?
  *   Back-up plans for outdoor programs if the weather is bad or COVID spikes again?
  *   Outreach to teens at community organizations?
  *   What questions do you have for your colleagues about teen summer reading? Reply all and ask us!

Feel free to just send me an informal sentence or two about your library’s teen summer reading program. Downloadable drafts/examples and links online resources you used are helpful, but not necessary. If you want to write in more details, that is welcome too! I’ll post all your teen summer reading ideas/plans on the OYAN blog<https://oyanpeeps.wordpress.com/>.

I know many of you work on children’s and adult summer reading too, consider sharing those ideas on the kids-lib at omls.oregon.gov<mailto:kids-lib at omls.oregon.gov> and libs-or at omls.oregon.gov<mailto:libs-or at omls.oregon.gov> listservs.

Thanks,
Katie Anderson (she/her)
Youth Services Librarian
Library & Community Initiatives Team