[kids-lib] new representational and inclusive children's storybook to add to your collections!!

Amy Geoffroy amy at factoregon.org
Mon Feb 1 17:11:07 PST 2021

Hello youth librarians and friends:

FACT Oregon <http://www.factoregon.org>, a statewide nonprofit that
empowers and equips families experiencing disability has a wonderful new
storybook, *Dream To Go Far*, that I wanted to bring to your attention. This
inclusive and representational storybook, illustrated by Portland-based
illustrator and graphic artist Allie Sullberg, encourages children and
adults to see that *disability is a natural part of the human experience*,
and that with the right support, all children can reach for the sky and
live whole, full lives! The book is *a**vailable in English and Spanish*
and was *written by families experiencing disability for families*
experiencing disability. It has been well-received for content and
messaging by many of our early childhood, family support,
culturally-specific, and disability-focused partners, and I'd love our
community libraries to know about it, too.

Can you help us get this book into more collections around the state?
*Learn** more and purchase copies* for your collections by visiting
*https://factoregon.org/dreamtogofarbook/*
<https://factoregon.org/dreamtogofarbook/>. You can also *preview the book*
by watching a virtual reading of *Dream To Go Far* as part of Lake Oswego
Public Library's 2021 Multicultural Children's Book Day celebration* here
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVX2wbCXBuw&list=PLQ03p8itkFGhztO061q_JDr7TMr2XhtDo&index=2&t>*
.

I am happy to answer any questions or help place orders large and small. My
contact info is below...

*AMY GEOFFROY*
FACT Oregon
(She/Her/Hers)