[kids-lib] OYAN Annual call for articles about teen library services and YA reviews

Katie Anderson katiea at wccls.org
Mon Jan 4 11:57:13 PST 2021

Please excuse the cross-posting.

OLA’s Oregon Young Adult Network (OYAN) is seeking submissions for the OYAN Review 2021. The Review<https://www.olaweb.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=212> showcases writing about teen library services by staff at all levels who work in all types of libraries. Writing by teens about books, games, music, shows, and library services is also welcome!

Please email me with your ideas and questions by January 30 if you would like to submit an article, young adult media review, or writing by teens with whom you work. Finalized articles will be due March 2.

We are open to your ideas and are especially seeking the following types of submissions:

  *   reviews by your teens about books, games, music, and/or shows that can be checked out at the library
  *   using Discord<https://discord.com/> in teen library services
  *   teen programming
  *   engaging teens while we can’t get together in-person
  *   reviews of young adult Advanced Readers’ Copies coming out this year (2021)

Reviews should be no more than 200 words. Articles should be at least 300 words. Exceptions may be made. Images to accompany your article are strongly encouraged. If you don’t have your own photo or original artwork, consider including a free stock photo that represents your article. You might find a free photo at Pexels<https://www.pexels.com/>, nappy<https://www.nappy.co/>, or The Gender Spectrum Collection<https://genderphotos.vice.com/#Work>. Please include the appropriate credit (e.g. Photo by Fillipe Gomes from Pexels).

Thank you for considering submitting your writing and/or your teens’ writing to the OYAN Review 2021.

Thanks,
Katie Anderson
Youth Services Librarian
Library & Community Initiatives Team