[kids-lib] Friday, May 7th Shoutout to Wallowa and Enterprise

BERGQUIST Greta E * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Fri May 7 09:17:59 PDT 2021

Hello everyone,

At the State Library, the old rhododendrons and azaleas are blooming spectacularly. Spring is here, bringing it with it some much appreciated colors and new life. I hope there are new things growing where you are!

This week’s shoutout is for Wallowa County – The Campaign for Grade-Level reading honored Building Healthy Families as a Bright Spot<https://www.wallowa.com/news/wallowa-county-honored-for-early-school-success/article_7e765ab4-ac3a-11eb-8fce-ff8182698620.html> for the pandemic. Enterprise and Wallowa libraries are important partners in the county’s work to build early literacy, and we are so glad to see this work recognized at a national level. Kudos to Denine and Holly, directors! And kudos to all of you working with others in your community to keep kids served in this challenging time.

Best,
Greta

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT (she/her/hers)
Youth Services Consultant
State Library of Oregon
greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov>  | 971-375-3549
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[Title: State Library of Oregon]