[kids-lib] Friday, May 28th Moment to Remember Eric Carle and Lois Ehlert

BERGQUIST Greta E * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Fri May 28 08:47:41 PDT 2021

Hi everyone,

It seems like this week has been especially full. I know you're all getting busy with reopening/changing services/summer/etc. While there are many worthwhile items to shoutout this week, I wanted to take a minute to remember beloved kids' authors and illustrators Eric Carle and Lois Ehlert. I can't imagine how much poorer our collections, storytimes, and art would be without the work of these two. That's pretty remarkable, to have such influence on so many kids' first reading experiences all across the country. I so appreciate the way both Carle and Ehlert respected children and met kids where they were instead of expecting kids to act like grownups. I sincerely appreciate the way you all do that too. I hope you have time this upcoming weekend to take a bit of pause and rest for yourself.

Best,
Greta

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT (she/her/hers)
Youth Services Consultant
State Library of Oregon
greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov>  | 971-375-3549
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[Title: State Library of Oregon]