[kids-lib] adaptive Storywalks?

BERGQUIST Greta E * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Thu Jun 9 16:38:25 PDT 2022

I'm so glad you asked this, Anna! I really like the audio idea.

This doesn't help immediately, but the State Library of Michigan collaborated with their Talking Book Library and 32 public libraries to offer braille-enhanced storywalks in their state. In August, their Youth Services Consultant is giving a presentation to all the state youth consultants about that work - My colleague Jennifer Graves from the Oregon Talking Book and Braille Library and I will attend that and share any resources that may be helpful, as well as see what might work in Oregon.

There aren't many resources attached here<https://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan/libraries/youth/braille-enhanced-storywalk>, but you can see a quick video of their process<https://youtu.be/zk60GG8gYqc> and here's an ALSC blog post<https://www.alsc.ala.org/blog/2022/03/braille-enhanced-storywalks-at-pla2022/> about their PLA presentation.

Best,
Greta

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT (she/her/hers)
Youth Services Consultant
State Library of Oregon
greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov>  | 971-375-3549
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[Title: State Library of Oregon]