[kids-lib] Hillsboro is hiring a Library Manager

Elizabeth Lopez Elizabeth.Lopez at hillsboro-oregon.gov
Tue Aug 6 13:28:20 PDT 2024

Hi Everyone!
Hillsboro Public Library is happy to announce the launch of our Library Manager recruitment. Closing date is 11:59 pm, Sunday, August 25, 2024.

Apply to be part of our dynamic team:
As a Library Manager, you'll lead the Connect Team at Brookwood Library and collaborate with the Connect Library Manager at the Shute Park Branch. Our libraries serve the Hillsboro community with responsive, accessible, and evolving services. This role offers the chance to shape library services in a diverse, dynamic, and growing community. You'll work with a strong leadership team to ensure our library spaces and services meet community needs.

Key Responsibilities

  *   Leadership and Management: Oversee library operations, ensuring exceptional customer service and a welcoming environment. Support employees and volunteers, fostering a culture of engagement and continuous improvement.
  *   Customer service: Develop and lead the library's customer service approach. Support library staff with the information, training, and resources they need to implement that approach effectively. Use data and evaluation tools to assess and continuously improve customer service.
  *   Community Engagement: Develop and maintain connections with the community to uphold our mission, For Everyone/Para Todos, focusing on access, innovation, exploration, and connection.
  *   Staff Development: Guide, evaluate, and support supervisors and staff to deliver their best work. Promote professional growth and a positive team-focused environment.
  *   Strategic Planning: Collaborate with the Library Leadership Team to develop and implement strategic and operational plans. Align services with community needs and library goals.
  *   Facility Management: Monitor and manage facility and space needs, administer budget and grants, and ensure expenditures align with strategic goals.
  *   Policy and Procedure: Create and enforce library use policies with a focus on diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.

About You
You are an empathetic leader with exceptional customer service skills and a passion for building community connections. You empower your team through training and support, fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment. Your problem-solving skills shine as you actively listen, seek input, and communicate effectively. As a champion of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility, you prioritize respect for diverse voices and access for all. You thrive in a collaborative and busy environment, embracing change and bringing positivity to the workplace. Your passion for innovation and dedication to providing excellent customer service make you a valuable asset to our team.

Current and Upcoming Projects

  *   Leadership Structure Realignment: Influence our service philosophy and priorities as we implement a new leadership structure.
  *   Strategic Planning: Contribute to the development and implementation of new strategic priorities.
  *   Collaboratory Makerspace: Co-lead the creation and implementation of a new vision for our makerspace area.

Full job description here: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/hillsboro/jobs/4608851/library-manager?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs

Please share widely with your contacts. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out. Thank you!
-Elizabeth

Elizabeth López | she/her<https://pronouns.org/>/ella | Access Library Manager
City of Hillsboro | Hillsboro Public Library
503-615-6797 (office) | 503-430-4453 (cell)
Hillsboro-Oregon.gov<http://www.hillsboro-oregon.gov/> | Engage with Us<http://engage.hillsboro-oregon.gov/>  | Social Media<https://www.hillsboro-oregon.gov/our-city/news-announcements/social-media-feeds-videos>
A member of Washington County Cooperative Library Services | WCCLS<http://www.wccls.org/>