[Libs-Or] ACRL-OR & ACRL-WA Fall Conference Registration NOW OPEN

Robin A. Paynter paynter at pdx.edu
Fri Aug 15 08:57:26 PDT 2008

*Registration for the 2008 ACRL-OR & ACRL-WA Joint Fall Conference "The
Once & Future Catalog" is now open.    *

The library catalog is in a state of transition, as new products have
emerged to revolutionize the patron's experience in using this key
finding tool for our collections.   We will learn from libraries across
the country that have led the way in transforming their library
catalogs, as well as librarians from our region who can share their
experience with local next generation catalog options.  Please join your
colleagues for two days of interesting discussion, beautiful scenery,
and great company.

The conference will be held October 23-24 at the Menucha Conference
Center <http://www.menucha.org/> in Corbett, Oregon. For more complete
information about conference speakers, the daily schedule,
accommodations, facilities, directions, etc. go to:
http://www.olaweb.org/mc/page.do?sitePageId=64393

*Registration fee: *

    * ACRL-OR & ACRL-WA Members: $110
    * Non-members: $125
    * Late Registration (regardless of membership) after Oct. 1: $135

Registration fee includes standard dormitory-style lodging and meals.
For an additional $25, a limited number of semiprivate rooms (2
people/room) are available on a first-requested, first-assigned basis.

*CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FORM
<https://web.memberclicks.com/mc/quickForm/viewForm.do?orgId=ola&formId=44513>*

*Scholarships:*
ACRL-OR awards two scholarships to the Joint Fall Conference annually.
Each scholarship covers the registration fee for the conference,
including room and board, plus a $30 remittance to assist in covering
travel expenses. Click here for more information on ACRL-OR scholarships
<http://www.olaweb.org/mc/page.do?sitePageId=66873>

*SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM
<https://web.memberclicks.com/mc/quickForm/viewForm.do?orgId=ola&formId=44486>*

*Registration questions?_
_*Contact: Anne-Marie Deitering*
*Phone: 541-737-9973*
*Email: Anne-Marie.Deitering at oregonstate.edu
<mailto:%20Anne-Marie.Deitering at oregonstate.edu>

*Scholarship questions?*
Contact: Elizabeth Peterson
Phone: 541-346-3047
Email: emp at uoregon.edu <mailto:emp at uoregon.edu>

--
Portland State University logo

*Robin Paynter*
Social Sciences Librarian
220D Library
Portland State University

503.725.4501
503.725.4524
paynter at pdx.edu
http://www.pdx.edu/library/paynter.html

"The fragmentation of rational knowledge in the postmodern world has
produced a focus on information that is unaware of its history." --
Marcus Breen (1997)