[Libs-Or] Banned Books Week

Candace D. Morgan cd_df_morgan at msn.com
Mon Aug 18 14:43:14 PDT 2008

Hello:
   If your library participated in Banned Books Week 2007 you do not need to read any further unless your contact person has changed. If that is the case please send me the new name and e-mail.  Unless I hear otherwise we will assume that libraries that participated last year will do so again this year.

If your library did not participate -- read this:

Celebrate the Freedom to Read in Oregon; Banned Books Week 2008 September 27 – October 4

The Oregon Library Association Intellectual Freedom
Committee, the Oregon Association of School Librarians (OASL) Intellectual
Freedom Committee, and the ACLU of Oregon will once again be working together
to promote the celebration of the freedom to read in Oregon libraries and
bookstores during Banned Books Week (September 27 - October 4, 2008) and the
entire month of October.

Oregon libraries and bookstores are eligible
to participate if they plan to have an exhibit, program or any other activity
to celebrate the freedom to read anytime from September 27 – October 4,
2008.  Participants will receive free
bright yellow “I Read Banned Books” buttons, ideas for ways to celebrate the
freedom to read and a list of books
challenged in Oregon
from 1979 – June 2008 with the reasons for the challenge. Participants will
also be asked to submit a short report on their Banned Books activities.

If
you wish to participate contact Candace Morgan cd_df_morgan at msn.com. Include the name
of the contact person and mailing address.

Candace Morgan
(503) 245-3868
(503) 701-2316 (cell)
cd_df_morgan at msn.com