[Libs-Or] Input on OCLC

Susan Barnes Whyte swhyte at linfield.edu
Tue Dec 16 15:49:54 PST 2008

Do you have feedback you would like to share with OCLC?
Questions about new OCLC initiatives?
Wonder about the changes underway in how OCLC is governed?

This is an exciting time to be involved in this international
cooperative and we want to make sure you know how to participate.

First, please always feel free to write or call your OCLC Western
delegates:
http://www.oclc.org/western/membership/memberscouncil/delegates.htm
We are your colleagues elected to advise OCLC and promote sharing of
information between OCLC and its membership.  More than that, we serve
on the OCLC Global Council, the group that advises the collaborative and
elects some of the members of the board of directors.

Second, please try to attend OCLC Western Members Meetings in your area.
Wherever possible, our goal is to have one or more delegates at each
meeting.  This is also a great time to meet with your colleagues and
OCLC staff.  Times and locations will be linked at this site before too
long: http://www.oclc.org/western/membership/meetings/

Thanks!
OCLC Western Delegates:

Stacey Aldrich
Deputy State Librarian, California State Library
saldrich at library.ca.gov

Bette Ammon
Library Director, Coeur d¹Alene Public Library
bammon at cdalibrary.org

Susan Barnes Whyte
Library Director, Linfield College
swhyte at linfield.edu

Pat French
Manager, Collection and Technical Services, Multnomah County Library
patricif at multcolib.org

John F. Helmer
Executive Director, Orbis Cascade Alliance
jhelmer at uoregon.edu

Mary Ann Laun
Assistant Dean of Library Services, Pasadena City College
malaun at pasadena.edu

Lyn McKinney
Head Librarian, Billings Senior High School
Email: mckinneyl at billings.k12.mt.us
Summer Email: lynmckinney at bresnan.net

Brian E.C. Schottlaender
The Audrey Geisel University Librarian, UC San Diego Libraries
becs at ucsd.edu

Nancy Tileston
Alternate Delegate
Technical Services Coordinator