[Libs-Or] OLA Petition to form a Legal Reference Round Table

Laura Orr Laura_Orr at co.washington.or.us
Tue Dec 30 09:30:49 PST 2008

Greetings:

I'm working on forming an OLA Legal Reference Round Table and am
collecting signatures.  The signers must be current OLA members. You do
not need to work in a law library.  In fact, this idea was hatched while
working with Washington (WCCLS) and Multnomah County public library
reference staff who are faced daily with patrons' legal reference
questions.

I've attached a copy of the Petition, which I hope to present to the OLA
Board at their mid-January 2009 meeting (so don't delay if you plan to
sign).

If you support the Petition, please sign it and return it to me. Don't
worry about having only 1 or 2 signatures per form. You may print out
the Petition and mail the signed copy back to me or you can sign it,
scan it, and then email it back to me.  If you want to fax it, please
call ahead so we can turn our fax on :-)

I'm working on the Bylaws now too, so feel free to ask questions.

And remember: signers must be current OLA members!

Thank you - and Happy New Year!

Laura

Laura J. Orr

Law Librarian

Washington County Law Library

111 NE Lincoln St

Hillsboro, OR 97124

Phone: 503-846-8870

Fax: 503-846-3515

Email: laura_orr at co.washington.or.us
<mailto:laura_orr at co.washington.or.us>

<http://www.co.washington.or.us/lawlibrary>

Oregon Legal Research Blog: oregonlegalresearch.blogspot.com