[Libs-Or] October 24: Special Portland Downtown Librarians Lunch

Mecklem, Susan SusanMecklem at dwt.com
Mon Oct 13 11:42:06 PDT 2008

Hello librarians and friends,

This month's Downtown Librarians' brown bag lunch will be held on
Friday, October 24, from noon until 1-ish. We will have a special
visitor, Gloria Zamora, president elect of the SLA (Special Libraries
Association). Geoff Wexler, Senior Archivist at the Oregon Historical
Society, will be hosting our meeting, and will talk to us about OHS's
collection. We encourage ORSLA members to attend this lunch to meet
Gloria, and to hear about the wonderful materials at the OHS.

The Oregon Historical Society is located at 1200 SW Park Avenue, between
Main and Madison. There are many public transportation options including
the streetcar, numerous bus lines, and the MAX. Parking can be difficult
at lunchtime downtown.

If you plan to attend, please RSVP to Geoff at Geoff.Wexler at OHS.org.

In November, we will not have a Downtown Librarians Meeting, but in
December, we do plan to meet for our annual luncheon. For the past
couple of years we have met at the Western Culinary Institute's
Restaurant Bleu but if you have other ideas, please let me know.

Sue

Susan Mecklem | Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
Associate Librarian
1300 SW Fifth Avenue, Suite 2300 | Portland, OR 97201
Tel: (503) 778-5252 | Fax: (503) 778-5299
Email: susanmecklem at dwt.com | Website: www.dwt.com <http://www.dwt.com/>

Anchorage | Bellevue | Los Angeles | New York | Portland | San Francisco