[Libs-Or] Commercial Driver's License Instructional DVDs?

Martin, Greg gmartin at ci.wilsonville.or.us
Fri Oct 24 12:52:14 PDT 2008

Hello All,

Our library had a request for CDL (Commercial Driver's License) instructional materials on DVD. We're woefully unprepared for this question, as we have nothing in our system other than a VHS tape produced in 1991, (with several holds). Not being conversant with what's required to obtain a CDL, I tried looking for online offerings, but nearly all of what I found seems either quite specifically focused and/or stunningly expensive. A search of Worldcat shows many likely, more general offerings, but I don't see any of them for sale anywhere. Does anyone have recommendations or ideas on how we can fill this hole in our collection? Thank you!

Greg Martin
Adult Services Librarian
Wilsonville Public Library
8200 SW Wilsonville Road