[Libs-Or] Publication Announcement: Consumer Health

Michele Spatz micheles at mcmc.net
Mon Sep 22 11:26:04 PDT 2008

Dear Colleagues,I’m writing to announce the recent publication of my
book, Answering Consumer Health Questions: the Medical Library
Association Guide for Reference Librarians published by Neal-Schuman.
The book explores the reference transaction from a behavioral point of
view and offers appropriate responses to the many types of circumstances
that librarians must deal with each day when providing health reference
service. The seven chapters cover:Professional Practice: Understanding
and Reaching Out to Consumer Health Information SeekersProfessional
Interactions: Communication Guidelines and StrategiesProfessional Ethics
of Providing Health InformationLegal Issues in Health Information
DeliveryServing the Health Information Needs of Diverse IndividualsThe
Difficult PatronSelf-care for the Health Information Provider My
background as MLA instructor for two consumer health CE courses, my
experience as director of a university medical school library, and my
16+ years as a consumer health librarian for Mid-Columbia Medical
Center, a rural hospital in north central Oregon , have given me a
unique perspective from which to write this book. For more information
please visit:www.neal-schuman.com/bdetail.php?isbn=9781555706326 Thanks
for the opportunity to share this announcement with you!All best,Michele
Michele Spatz, M.S., Director
Planetree Health Resource Center
of Mid-Columbia Medical Center
200 E. 4th St.
The Dalles, OR  97058
(phone) 541-296-8444 (fax) 541-296-6054
email: micheles at mcmc.net
Recently Published: Answering Consumer Health Questions...
http://www.neal-schuman.com/bdetail.php?isbn=9781555706326

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message (including attachments)
is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C.
2510-2521, and is intended only for the person or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, copying,
forwarding or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended
copies of the original message. If you are the intended recipient but
do not wish to receive communication through this medium, please
advise the sender immediately.