[Libs-Or] Online Conference - Virtual worlds and librarianship

Robin M. Ashford rashford at georgefox.edu
Wed Sep 24 20:31:39 PDT 2008

Join Alliance Library System and Learning Times online for  two days in
Adobe Connect as we focus the discussion of virtual worlds and
librarianship.  We'll be convening online on October 1 and 2 to discuss
topics such as, "Virtual Worlds Development", "Scaling Graduate LIS
Instruction in Virtual Environments", "Academic Libraries and
VirtualWorlds", "Building a Library Presence in the Virtual World of Second Life" and "Creating
Educational Tools in Second Life for Libraries".  A panel of the conference
speakers is also scheduled in which your questions will feature
prominently.

To find more information about this exciting conference, go to
the conference website at http://www.thevirtuallibrarian.org/
Questions? Please email info at learningtimes.net.

Robin M. Ashford
Reference & Distance Services Librarian