[Libs-Or] Last chance to get involved in Online Northwest. Deadline for proposals, Monday 9/29!

Dawn Marie Lowe-Wincentsen dawn.lowe.win at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 09:44:00 PDT 2008

Submit your proposals for the Online Northwest conference This
Weekend. Deadline is Monday. Sept. 29!

The 2009 conference will be held at CH2M Hill Alumni Center,
Corvallis, Oregon (on the Oregon State University campus) on Friday,
February 13, 2009

Proposal Submission Deadline: Monday, September 29th, 2008

The coordinating committee seeks presentations that discuss how
technology is being applied within library settings and how technology
is affecting library patrons and services. We strongly encourage
academic, public, school, and special librarians to submit proposals.
All topics relating to technology and libraries are welcome,
including:

Topics may include:

·        Tagging used in libraries (OPAC, library thing, flickr, etc.)

·        Change/innovation & organizational culture (as it relates to
technology)

·        User interface design and evaluation

·        Implementation of Web 2.0 technologies in libraries

·        Resource sharing (e.g. ILL, document delivery)

·        Information literacy and instruction  (distance ed. and technology use)

·        Management of electronic resources, digital repositories, or
digital archives

·        Programming and development of computer applications to
support delivery of library services

·        Using social features in library technology

·        Other topics related to technology in libraries are welcome

Submit proposals:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=xr85d9JF_2f0Bxrv5IvZGdlA_3d_3d

For examples of past presentations or more information, see:
http://www.ous.edu/onlinenw/

Check out updates on our blog and subscribe to our twitter

Blog link: http://onlinenw.blogspot.com/

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/onlinenw

Dawn Lowe-Wincentsen

Portland Operations Librarian