[Libs-Or] Looking for a Mentor? We Can Help!

Tattersall, Lisa Lisa.Tattersall at ci.corvallis.or.us
Tue Sep 30 08:02:48 PDT 2008

Posted on behalf of the Mentoring Committee of the New Members Round
Table (NMRT) of ALA:

Have you been a librarian for 5 years or less? Do you sometimes feel you
have professional questions to ask and no one to direct them to? Do you
find yourself wondering, in the midst of budget season, or in that
massive collection development strategy meeting... what the heck are
they talking about? Well, through NMRT's Mentoring Committee, help has
arrived! Here's your chance to meet a new librarian ally, and to have
someone to ask about all those questions you can't really ask.
The NMRT Mentoring Committee will pair up "newbie librarians" with
"seasoned vets" as part of our Career Mentoring program. The program
will last from October 2008 to July 2009. Conference attendance is not
required, but membership in ALA is required, and NMRT membership is
encouraged. Applications are due October 17, 2008, with the goal of
notifying the matching pairs by the end of October.
For further information and to apply, please visit
http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/rts/nmrt/oversightgroups/comm/mentor/mentor
ingcommittee.cfm

Lisa Tattersall
Reference Librarian, Adult Services