[Libs-Or] Remembering Judith Krug

Darci Hanning darci.hanning at state.or.us
Sat Apr 18 20:18:06 PDT 2009

Greetings everyone,

On the Media (from NPR/WNYC) has a four-minute audio story titled, The Patriot in the Stacks:

Director of the American Library Association’s Office for Intellectual Freedom for more than 40 years, Judith Krug died last week at the age of 69. We remember the librarian who crusaded against censorship and railed tirelessly against efforts to ban books.

Download: http://audio.wnyc.org/otm/otm041709h.mp3Complete transcript will be available Monday afternoon:
http://www.onthemedia.org/transcripts/2009/04/17/08

Cheers,
Darci