[Libs-Or] BCR Welcomes Nebraska Libraries

Brandie Baumann bbaumann at BCR.ORG
Wed Apr 22 13:32:37 PDT 2009

The following is a text-only press release from BCR. An HTML version can be viewed on BCR's website at http://www.bcr.org/about/newsreleases/index.html.

Please excuse any cross-postings.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact:
Brandie Baumann, communications coordinator
800.397.1552
bcrpress at bcr.org

BCR Welcomes Nebraska Libraries

Aurora, Colo., April 22, 2009 - Current NEBASE libraries will be moving to BCR for their OCLC products and services starting July 1, 2009, as the result of a recommendation from the Nebraska Library Commission and an agreement between BCR and OCLC.

The move of Nebraska's libraries using OCLC services to obtain those services through BCR is the result of a decision made by the Nebraska Library Commission to dissolve NEBASE as an OCLC network.  By obtaining OCLC services through BCR, Nebraska libraries automatically become BCR members and will benefit from BCR's extensive experience working with libraries and their national membership base.

"BCR has a history of providing some services to Nebraska libraries, and we're pleased to expand that relationship into other areas," noted Brenda Bailey-Hainer, BCR's President and CEO.  "Our newest members will benefit from our long-standing relationship with OCLC in providing quality training and service."

"The Nebraska Library Commission was pleased with responses from BCR to its concerns over NEBASE members' needs for billing, support and training.  We believe working with an experienced regional organization will provide members the same level of service that they had with NEBASE," says Devra Dragos, NEBASE Director of Network Services.

To assist with the move to BCR, Regan Harper, BCR's Director of Training and OCLC Services, who is heading up the transition team, will be meeting with Nebraska libraries at a "Farewell to NEBASE" event being held June 25, at the Marriott Cornhusker Hotel, in Lincoln.

About BCR
BCR brings libraries together for greater success by expanding their knowledge, reach and power. They offer a broad range of solutions and their hands-on, personal attention to each member enables them to deliver effective and timely solutions that help libraries keep pace with new developments in technology and services. BCR is the nation's oldest and most established multistate library cooperative. Since 1935, the BCR team has helped libraries learn new skills, reach patrons, increase productivity and save money. BCR (Bibliographical Center for Research) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit headquartered in Aurora, Colorado. For more information, visit www.BCR.org or email info at BCR.org.

Brandie Baumann
Communications Coordinator
BCR
14394 E. Evans Ave.