[Libs-Or] BCR, The Library Corporation Offer BiblioFile and ITS.MARC Services

Brandie Baumann bbaumann at BCR.ORG
Tue Apr 28 14:17:19 PDT 2009

The following is a text-only press release from BCR. An HTML version can be viewed on BCR's website at http://www.bcr.org/about/newsreleases/index.html.

Please excuse any cross-postings.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact:
Brandie Baumann, communications coordinator
800.397.1552; bcrpress at bcr.org

BCR to Offer TLC's BiblioFile and ITS.MARC Services

AURORA, Colo., April 28, 2009 ― BCR and The Library Corporation (TLC) are pleased to announce that they have signed an agreement that allows BCR to offer TLC's ITS.MARC databases, BiblioFile software and other products and services to BCR member libraries.

The partnership combines TLC's 33 years of library automation experience and outstanding service background with BCR's commitment to help its members increase productivity by making sure they have the best and most appropriate tools at their fingertips.

The BiblioFile family of cataloging tools supports copy cataloging with a Unicode-compliant editor, advanced Z39.50 search and filtering, label printing and utilities optimized for local catalogs and union catalogs.  It is supported by a help file of MARC documentation - the Cataloger's Reference Shelf.  The ITS.MARC database contains more than 41 million records covering multiple languages. Libraries can customize access to fit their specific situation with add-ons such as authorities with LC Names and Subjects, Sears Subjects and Medical Subject Headings or collections of records with A/V, media and Lexile and Accelerated Reader information.

"Combining high quality records with sophisticated BiblioFile software at an affordable price is a winning strategy for any library in these times, and we are pleased that BCR will be offering our services to its member libraries," said Gar Sydnor, Senior Vice President at TLC.

"This partnership allows us to offer our members a new option for copy cataloging," noted Brenda Bailey-Hainer, BCR's president and CEO.  "Our member schools in particular will appreciate the records which have been enhanced specifically to suit their needs, and our public library members may find that it complements other services they already use."

About BCR
BCR brings libraries together for greater success by expanding their knowledge, reach and power. They offer a broad range of solutions and their hands-on, personal attention to each member enables them to deliver effective and timely solutions that help libraries keep pace with new developments in technology and services. BCR is the nation's oldest and most established multistate library cooperative. Since 1935, the BCR team has helped libraries learn new skills, reach patrons, increase productivity and save money. BCR (Bibliographical Center for Research) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit headquartered in Aurora, Colorado. For more information, visit www.BCR.org or email info at BCR.org.

About The Library Corporation (TLC)
Founded in 1974, TLC is still owned and operated by the same family today.  TLC creates automation technology for libraries and school districts of all sizes, including some of the busiest libraries in the world. TLC's offerings have grown from cataloging and PAC products to an array of sophisticated systems that include integrated automation, acquisitions, online cataloging, authority control, RFID technology, and other products and services required for the success of today's libraries.  The company serves over 5,000 libraries world-wide with 250-plus staff members from its offices in the United States and abroad.

Brandie Baumann
Communications Coordinator
BCR
14394 E. Evans Ave.