[Libs-Or] Register now! 2009 Northwest Interlibrary Loan & Resource Sharing Conference

Sherry Buchanan sherryb at pdx.edu
Tue Aug 11 10:35:03 PDT 2009

This email is being sent to multiple lists, apologies for any duplication.

The 2009 Northwest Interlibrary Loan & Resource Sharing Conference promises
to be a great opportunity for professional development and networking! View
the complete program, apply for a conference scholarship, and register
online at: www.nwill.org

The conference theme is "Resiliency and Resourcefulness."

"Resiliency" focuses on change. Related programs will attempt to answers
questions like: How do we flourish in times of change? How do we maximize
our resources during difficult times? What do we need to succeed in our
operations? For Summit members specifically, how has the use of Navigator
impacted us during the past year? And for ILLiad users, how do we prepare
for ILLiad 8.0?

"Resourcefulness" is about discovery. Programming will address the following
questions and more: How do we help patrons (or ourselves!) find content on
the web or in a depository? What about international ILL? How do we get
material that is only available outside the U.S?

We will also be joined by Cyril Oberlander, this year's keynote speaker, who
will share with us his forward-thinking perspective on the "Future of
Resource Sharing and Library Service."

Register now to join us for all of this and more!

If you have any questions about the conference please contact the Conference
Chair, Chelle Batchelor, mbatchelor at uwb.edu

Sherry Buchanan
Interlibrary Loan Coordinator
Public Access Services