[Libs-Or] CSD/OYAN SUmmer Reading Workshop - Free - Sign up now!

Childrens Librarians oregon.srp09 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 21 16:15:01 PST 2009

~~ Please excuse cross-posting ~~

If you haven't already registered for this free program, it's not too late - do it now!

What:   CSD / OYAN Summer Reading Club Workshop
When:  Friday, March 13, 2009
Where: Salem Public Library, Loucks Auditorium
Time:   10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Lunch:  Bring your own - Brown bag (water, coffee, soda provided)
Cost:    Free!

Join us on Friday, March 13, 2009 (a lucky day!) for a great day full of learning and sharing. This year we are combining both CSD and OYAN so all ages, kids through teens, will be covered. Our featured presenter will be Diana Anderson who will guide us in our "Be Creative" and "Express Yourself" endeavors with her presentation, "Facing the Blank Canvas: Children, Tweens and Teens - Art Development and How to Encourage Creative Expression."

Diana Anderson is the Children's Room Supervisor at McMinnville Public Library where she has worked for the past 10 years. She has a BS in Elementary Education and an MA in Art Therapy. She has worked as a therapist in elementary schools and has taught art in preschools, with autistic children, at a school for the deaf, at an alternative school for teens and has also taught classes for adults. She currently has a show of her mixed media work at the Currents Gallery in McMinnville.

Also on tap for the day - sharing. Your assignment: come prepared to share one or two great ideas you have for this summer's themes, "Be Creative" and "Express Yourself." Everyone who brings something to share with the group will be eligible for door prizes! In addition, if you have tips and ideas for gameboards, for streamlining sign-ups, ideas for getting sponsors or other "administrative" tasks please share these as well.

To save your spot at this free event please email your RSVP to oregon.srp09 at yahoo.com by Friday, March 6th, include the number of people attending and the name of your library.

If you have any questions please email Krist Obrist, 2009 CSD Summer Reading Chair, at oregon.srp09 at yahoo.com.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Krist Obrist