[Libs-Or] LISTEN UP! Fantastic Pre-Conference by PLD

ROBIN BEERBOWER RBEERBOWER at cityofsalem.net
Tue Feb 24 09:55:15 PST 2009

Please excuse cross-posting.

LISTEN UP!  Fantastic pre-conference offered by PLD!

The long-distance trucker walks up to the desk, towers over you, and says,
"I'm on my way to Dallas (Texas, that is), and I'm out of books. I'm in a
hurry. What ya got ?"  Smiling up at him, you respond, "Ummm. . . ."

Gotcha! You need to attend OLA's preconference "Listen Up: Audio Books in
the Library." Learn what's available and how best to use it.  Not only will you get valuable information on how to help patrons find just the right audio book but you will also find out more about cutting-edge technology, podcasting, and Overdrive downloadable books.  We are also very pleased to confirm that Recorded Books is bringing Johnny Heller to give a presentation! Named Best Voice of 2008 by Audiofile Magazine, Johnny has narrated hundreds of audio books and is also a veteran actor and stand-up comic.  It should be a stimulating and fun-filled day.

Cost is $95, which includes a delicious lunch and you can register at http://www.olaweb.org . Please contact me for more information.

Thanks,
Robin

Robin Beerbower