[Libs-Or] Wanted: A few good reviewers!

Sue Kopp SKopp at warnerpacific.edu
Tue Jan 13 10:00:33 PST 2009

Hello,

The Willa Award is given out to authors each year from the organization
Women Writing in the West.  http://www.womenwritingthewest.org/  I am
recruiting librarian reviewers for the annual award.  The process is
that another panel identifies up to five books for each category, and
then each reviewer is sent those titles, for keeps, in exchange for
reading and reviewing the books according to a standard matrix.  The
books would arrive in May and the reviews will be due mid-July.  They
are happy to pay for reviewers dinner at the annual awards ceremony if
you get yourself there, this year it is in LA.

If this sounds interesting to you, please let me know.  I need reviewers
in the following categories:

Original Softcover Fiction
Creative Nonfiction
Scholarly Nonfiction
Poetry

A matrix example is attached to give you the feeling for the review
process.  Thanks a lot.

 <<WillaMatrixExample.doc>> -Sue

Sue Kopp, Library Director
Warner Pacific College