[Libs-Or] Oregon Reads Evaluation

Leah Griffith leah.griffith at ci.newberg.or.us
Thu Jan 22 13:59:34 PST 2009

Hello everyone involved in Oregon Reads (if that isn't you, you can just ignore this e-mail)

Oregon Reads 2009 has started.  The kickoff in Portland with Lauren Kessler was wonderful with a great crowd for both the morning and evening session.  Lake Oswego gave out 800 copies of Stubborn Twig  in just 30 minutes with some people arriving hours before to ensure they would get a copy.   Beaverton had Oregon Poet Laureate, Lawson Inada speak last week.   Many others have started their program or will be in February in conjunction with Oregon's Birthday, February 14th.

With the event starting, the Oregon Reads Committee would like to find out how it went in your library.   We've set up an evaluation form on the Oregon Reads 2009 web site,  however, if you'd like to see what we're asking you to report on, checkout the evaluation below.   It is pretty basic info such as how many programs, how many attended and how much is it costing, but if you'll look at the evaluation now, you'll know what to keep track of as your program progresses.

Those libraries that received free copies of Stubborn Twig from the Miller grant or received other funding or support through the Oregon Reads program, really need to complete the evaluation form so we can report the success of the program to those who gave significant funding.  We need to hear from everyone else as well as all libraries received support through Oregon Reads in one fashion or another.

We want all libraries to report as we think Oregon Reads will be the largest Oregon Sesquicentennial project and we won't know that unless you tell us!  It would be great for libraries to have articles in papers and on websites around the state saying that Oregon Reads was the Sesquicentennial project that engaged the most Oregonians.

If you have any questions about the evaluation, let me know.

https://web.memberclicks.com/mc/quickForm/viewForm.do?orgId=ola&formId=51981

Leah
Leah M. Griffith
Director,   Newberg Public Library