[Libs-Or] [Etude] Summer issue of Etude is here

Michael Werner mwerner1 at uoregon.edu
Fri Jul 31 11:31:19 PDT 2009

The summer 2009 issue of

Etude: The Journal of Literary Nonfiction

is here

http://etude.uoregon.edu

In this issue…

MICHELLE THERIAULT chronicles life in Sodom and Gomorrah.

KATHERINE GRIES discovers the guru of garbage.

JEREMY OHMES reconstructs a World War II-era instant city.

ABBIE STILLIE reports from a Christian commune in Alaska.

JAMIE PASSARO reclaims her now-famous hometown.

In LISTEN UP, our audio feature, BROOKE GLADSTONE, the co-host and
managing editor of National Public Radio’s “On the Media,” talks about
journalism in the future tense.

In WIDE ANGLE, our multi-media feature, KAREN HART follows a careful
car-buyer from lot to lot.

Plus…

TERESA BARKER interviews peripatetic author and journalist Karen Karbo.

JACK KELLY takes aim at books about da mob.

LAUREN KESSLER ponders the ethics of going undercover.

Our thoughtful reviewers comment on ten new literary nonfiction books
on topics ranging from Manhattan nannies to the mysterious “running
people” of Mexico, from the endangered Galapagos to Harlem’s
Children’s Zone.

Etude is published quarterly by the Literary Nonfiction program at the
University of Oregon’s School of Journalism and Communication.

As always, we encourage and invite your comments.  Use the “contact
us” link on the magazine’s website.

Look for our AUTUMN 2009 issue on October 31.

All back issues are archived at our site.