[Libs-Or] Video conferencing options around Oregon?

Laura Orr Laura_Orr at co.washington.or.us
Tue Jun 30 11:04:33 PDT 2009

Greetings (please forgive any email duplication):

A lawyer patron who will be chairing a statewide rural-urban task force
asked what I knew about video-conference options in public libraries
around the state.  I told her I would ask the library community about
what they make available in their own libraries or who she could contact
in rural counties, cities, colleges, or universities that provide
services to outside groups (I think hers is an Oregon State Bar task
force, but am not positive and can find out if it matters).

I'm not sure if the task force will have any money budgeted for this,
but would guess they do have some, so "free" isn't necessarily a
requirement.

Feel free to pass this along if you know someone else who may know.
It's also possible Oregon nonprofits and professional associations have
facilities they would share.  We'll check with LASO, AOC, TACS - other
suggestions are welcome.

I'll be glad to compile the info and share it.

Many thanks!

Laura

Laura J. Orr

Law Librarian

Washington County Law Library

111 NE Lincoln St

Hillsboro, OR 97124

Phone: 503-846-8870

Fax: 503-846-3515

Email: laura_orr at co.washington.or.us
<mailto:laura_orr at co.washington.or.us>

<http://www.co.washington.or.us/lawlibrary>

Oregon Legal Research Blog: oregonlegalresearch.blogspot.com