[Libs-Or] Fwd: [District Dispatch] Immediate Action Needed: Senate to Consider an Amendment to Omnibus that will Negatively Impact Libraries

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 13:25:10 PST 2009

I don't know whether or not I am sending this out too late but I just got to
it.

 Immediate Action Needed: Senate to Consider an Amendment to Omnibus that
will Negatively Impact Libraries
<http://www.wo.ala.org/districtdispatch/?p=2149> March 03rd, 2009
http://www.wo.ala.org/districtdispatch/?p=2149

Cross-posted on the Legislative Action Center <http://capwiz.com/ala/home/>

The Senate began debate on the FY 2009 omnibus appropriations bill on
Monday, and today they will consider an amendment by Senator John McCain
(R-AZ) that will negatively impact libraries. The McCain amendment
essentially turns the omnibus bill into a yearlong continuing resolution
that will keep funding levels at FY 2008 levels through the end of this
fiscal year on September 30. *Please contact your Senator and urge a “no”
vote on the McCain amendment*. Libraries are facing a budget crisis and the
increase in library funding contained in the FY 2009 omnibus bill is
essential for libraries to continue to provide critical services in their
communities.

--
Diedre Conkling
diedre08 at gmail.com