[Libs-Or] OLA 2009: Inaugural Biz Meeting of the Legal Ref Round Table (LRRT)

Laura Orr Laura_Orr at co.washington.or.us
Mon Mar 30 13:22:22 PDT 2009

The first business meeting of the OLA Legal Reference Round Table (LRRT)
will be held:
April 2, 2009, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Salem Convention Center - Crosian A

On the Agenda:

Introduction: Laura Orr
Election of Chair and Vice-Chair (Sept. 2009-Aug. 2010)
Future meetings
New Business:
1) Collaboration and communication options for sharing Legal Reference
Round Table information and training statewide
2) Other

I can't find any law (shhhhh) against bribing people to participate
actively in a Round Table Biz Meeting, but just in case, I'll call this
an Inaugural Meeting One-Time*-Run-for-Election Incentive:  A free ABA
Pocket U.S. Constitution (these are the best) to the first 4 people who
attend AND run for LRRT Chair or Vice-Chair.  Winners of the election
get a second pocket Constitution.  (No, this isn't like the joke about
the winner getting one week in Philadelphia and the runner up getting
two weeks - well, as a Philly-native, maybe it is!)

An ABA pocket constitution will also be given to the person who agrees
to be our LRRT Webmaster and to the person who agrees to take minutes at
this meeting (not at all meetings - just this one) so those who cannot
attend can feel as if they were with us in spirit if not in body. (These
two do not have to be different people.)

Please email me any nominations (these can also be made at the meeting)
or other suggestions for the business meeting agenda. See you on
Thursday!

Laura

* The One-Time limitation is necessary to avoid this becoming a OLA biz
meeting "arms" race with future "incentives" getting more and more
appealing - chocolate, anyone?

Laura J. Orr

Law Librarian

Washington County Law Library

111 NE Lincoln St

Hillsboro, OR 97124

Phone: 503-846-8870

Email: laura_orr at co.washington.or.us
<mailto:laura_orr at co.washington.or.us>

<http://www.co.washington.or.us/lawlibrary>

Oregon Legal Research Blog: oregonlegalresearch.blogspot.com