[Libs-Or] Public Library Director Meeting info

Reita Fackerell thelibrary at theoregonshore.com
Fri May 8 14:54:16 PDT 2009

*
Public Library Directors Meeting
Friday and Saturday, May 29th and 30th, 2009
Seaside Public Library and Tillamook Public Library*

Hello Public Library Directors,

Here is some of the necessary information that you will need for the
upcoming Public Library Director meetings to be hosted by Sara Charlton
and me at our respective libraries.  In keeping with the spirit of
getting you all here by promises of fun and sun, the meetings will not
be all day affairs. The agenda is attached. Sara and I do promise fun;
however, we cannot guarantee of the appearance of sun due to its recent
paltry performances.

*Seaside Information*

Our featured speaker will be Joe Ryan who recently completed a project
funded by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services to provide
models to help evaluate library services and programs. I have attached a
brief bio of him and his project.
*
Directions to Seaside: * There is really only one way to get to Seaside
and that is Highway 101.  There are two stoplights in this town: one on
the south and one on the north. When you get to the one on Broadway
(northern one), turn east.  We are one and a half blocks up the street
on the right.  If you are confused, there's always Mapquest which is a
whole lot more informative than this.

*Parking*: You can park in our lot, but if that is full, you can park
anywhere on the street or across the street at Sunset Park. We have no
parking fees.
*
Lunch:* We will be ordering lunch from Sam's Café in Seaside. I have
attached a menu. I would like to get all the orders in by Tuesday, May
26th. They'll deliver it to the Library. If there is sun, we can walk
across the street to the lovely Broadway Park and eat our lunches there.

Please let me know what your lunch selection is my e-mailing me at
rfackerell at cityofseaside.us . Please let me know also what you would
like as far as beferages, i.e. water, sodas, iced tea, and I will make
sure they are on hand for you for lunch.

Lodging and other information can be found at http://www.seasideor.com

I am looking forward to seeing you all.

reita

--