[Libs-Or] Nominations are open for SSD officers

Jey Wann wann_jey_a at oslmac.osl.state.or.us
Tue May 12 14:15:39 PDT 2009

It's time for nominations for OLA Support Staff Division officers for 2009-2010.

The Support Staff Division is a dynamic organization that represents the interests of library support staff in Oregon libraries.  Becoming involved in SSD gives you the opportunity to meet colleagues from other libraries, learn new skills, and get a broad perspective on library issues in Oregon.

SSD officers meet five or six times a year, and make use of teleconferencing for those who aren't able to attend in person.  In addition, some funds may be available to reimburse officers for travel costs.

Positions available are:

Vice Chair/Chair Elect (3-year commitment):  Duties: Assists the Chair: becomes familiar with the By-laws and procedures of the Association and Division. Attends meetings and chairs meetings in the absence of the Chair; Assumes the office of Chair after one year as Vice Chair; (and assume office of Past Chair after that)

Recorder (1-year commitment):  Duties: Records minutes of the Division's Executive Committee Meetings; Assures each Executive Committee member receives copies of the meeting minutes before the next meeting.

Archivist (1-year commitment):  Maintains all historical data, scrapbook and photo album of SSD conference and other events, including keeping conference programs and accompanying material.
Self- nominations are welcome!  If you nominate someone else, please be sure to check with them first.

For more information on SSD, visit our web page at http://www.olaweb.org/mc/page.do?sitePageId=61036, or our blog at http://supportabilityoregonlibrarysupport.blogspot.com/.   If you're wondering if you should consider becoming active in SSD, be sure to take a look at Susan Gilmont's "The Case for Involvement".

To submit a nomination, please contact me by June 30, 2009.  Contact me, or any other SSD officer, if you have any questions.

Thanks for considering becoming active in SSD!

Jey Wann
Past Chair, OLA Support Staff Division
c/o Oregon State Library
250 Winter St. N.E.