[Libs-Or] L-net training in Portland

PAPAGNI Emily emilyp at multcolib.org
Tue May 19 15:02:45 PDT 2009

Hello,
Introductory training on L-net, Oregon's Statewide Digital Reference
Service, is scheduled for:
Tuesday, June 9, 9:00 - 4:00
Portland Community College, Sylvania Campus Library, Room 212
12000 S.W. 49th Avenue
Portland, OR 97219
The training is for librarians who plan to take shifts staffing L-net's
chat and email service. Librarians will receive hands-on training with
L-net's chat software, e-mail software, and instruction on techniques
for communicating effectively online with patrons and providing
reference services online.
There are two ways to get involved with staffing L-net:
1 - Partner libraries: Reference staff at Oregon libraries may staff the
service as partner libraries. Librarians who do so staff the service at
their libraries.
2 - Volunteers: If you have reference experience, you may apply to be a
volunteer. Volunteers typically staff the service from home computers.
If you would like to participate in the volunteer program, contact me
for information about how to apply to be a volunteer.
The training is free, but space is limited and advance registration is
required. If you would like to attend, contact me and let me know if you
would like to staff L-net at a partner library or as a volunteer.
Emily Papagni, emilyp at multcolib.org
Registration for this training will close on Monday, June 1.
If you're interested in the training, but unable to attend on this date,
please contact me. I'm continuing to schedule additional trainings
around the state.
Emily
Emily Papagni
L-net Partner Support Librarian