[Libs-Or] FAQ about Statewide Database Licensing Procurement Process

MaryKay Dahlgreen dahlgreen_marykay at oslmac.osl.state.or.us
Fri May 29 11:14:24 PDT 2009

Hello all-
Recently there have been a number of questions about the database license procurement process we are currently involved in. While we are limited in the amount of information we have available until the process is completed we did want to provide what information we could. State Library staff has developed an FAQ (frequently asked questions) document that is available on our website at: http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/LD/technology/sdlp/index.shtml#The_2009_Request_for_Proposal__RFP__Process
You will also see a link to the actual RFP if you are interested in that. The next step in the process is the Oregon State Library Board meeting on June 19th where they will consider the recommendation of the Statewide Database Licensing Committee and the LSTA Advisory Council of Gale/Cengage Learning as the "apparent successful proposer"  based on the scoring process outlined in the RFP.
MaryKay

MaryKay Dahlgreen
Program Manager, Library Development
Oregon State Library